PLEASE NOTE : THE NEXT BATCH OF CHAIN GUIDES WILL BE READY TO DISPATCH MID-NOVEMBER 2023. THIS WILL DELAY YOUR FULL ORDER IF ORDERING ALONGSIDE OTHER ITEMS.
The Deviate Chain Guide is the result of over a year's R&D and testing in Scotland and the Alps by both our engineering team and ambassadors.
Eliminating dropped chains is at the core of any chain guide, but Deviate’s design also tackles key challenges including durability, reliability, drag and even noise.
- Adjustability : Works with chain ring sizes from 30T to 36T
- Durability : Grease port is fitted to protect the bearings (as seen on Deviate’s Highlander and Claymore frames)
- Reliability : Designed with long rides & racing in mind. Reduce maintenance with built in grease ports, twin-lip wiper seals and pre-mounted bash guard
- Efficiency : Jockey-wheel system improves guide efficiency by reducing the risk of the chain seizing
- Noise-reduction : Soft rubber included to reduce noise
- Drag-reduction : The grease ports not only provide longevity but also reduce drag on the ups
- Protection : Comes complete with pre-mounted and adjustable bash guard
- Compatibility : ISCG 05 lower only chain guide. Works with a range of suspension platforms (not just high pivot) and oval chain rings
- Part Replacement : No need to replace the entire guide, the bash guard and jockey wheel can be easily replaced
Installation : Install without removing your crank
- Chainline : 52mm (55mm with 3mm spacers and longer screws)
- Material : Injection moulded nylon & CNC-machined Aluminum backplate
- Capacity : 30-36T
- Weight : 109g
- Mount : ISCG 05 lower only
Whilst not tested outside of the Deviate bike range, it should be fully compatible with most other mountain bike frames.
The installation is streamlined thanks to the adjustable design, relying on just two bolts to attach and no need to remove cranks:
- Using a 6mm Allen key remove the Chain Guide Bolt from the Chain Guide. Skip this step if you are able to unlink and re-link your chain or are yet to link a new chain
- Remove the Jockey-wheel from the Chain Guide housing, place the Chain Guide over the chain (as shown) and then re-insert the Jockey-wheel into the Chain Guide housing. If you are able to unlink and re-link your chain or are yet to link a new chain, pass the chain through the Chain Guide, above the jockey-wheel, and (re)link your chain
- Using a 6mm Allen key, re-insert the Chain Guide Bolt into the Chain Guide now that the chain runs through the guide ensuring the Jockey-wheel is aligned for the bolt to pass through. Whilst doing this, place the bash guard plate into the desired position (see step 4) and thread the Chain Guide. Bolt into the female thread of the T-nut
- Set the Bash Guard by sliding it left or right until it is in the desired position and tighten the Chain Guide Bolt to 4nm of torque by threading it into the T-nut
- Align the Bash Guard with the Bash Guard mounting points on the bike and move the Bash Guard clockwise or anti-clockwise to find the optimum position. Using a 4mm Allen key, thread the Chain Guide CSK Bolts into the female Bash Guard threads on the frame
- Test and tweak the Bash Guard and Chain Guide positioning using the sliders on the Bash Guard until you’ve found the optimum setting
- Can I run an oval or elliptical chainring with my chainguide?
- Yes if inside the 30-36T chain ring
- Do I still need a chainguide if Im running a narrow-wide ring and clutch derailleur?
- We would still recommend running a chain guide/bash guard for maximum protection and chain tensioning
- What is ISCG? Is there more than one ISCG standard?
- Please follow this link to the ISCG website
Great retention… although had no issues, allows for more chain wrap around the chainring, it also aids with shifting on Axs setups accounting for the weaker clutch in these mechs, once setup correctly lubricated it works like a dream. Oh and a fantastic bash also, very handy for deflecting rocks and protecting the chain and chainring too! Great job
The quality is top notch, can't wait to put them on both mine and my wife's bikes. I do wish it had a top and bottom chain guard though. But I think i can hack up one of my old guards up and make it work. Other than that I appreciate the quality and speed that I received it!
Yall be safe 🤙
Easy to install and reduces resistance compared to the E13 roller type. Highly recommend. I live in Australia and received the guide within 5 days, quicker than if I had of ordered a similar component from Melbourne. Deviate are on point.
Nice bit of kit easy to install
I really like the chain guide so far. I need to fine tune it's position to get rid of some noise, but otherwise, it was easy to install and takes up a lot of chain slack.