The light and responsive XT M8100 12 speed shifter from Shimano is perfect for MTB (mountain bike) use as it improves your speed, control and concentration. Shift both up and down with ease using a single lever and enjoy the instant push and pull movements as you conquer the trails. Featuring a compact design combined with top technology from Shimano, this Speed Shifter is a perfect upgrade for quick and easy-shifting performance.
- Front Speed: 2
- Rear Speed: 12
- Max Multiple Shifts: 4
- Release Function: 2-Way Release, Multi Release, Instant Release
- Shifter Type: Rapidfire Plus
- Mount: I-Spec EV and Band On options available to select
- Average Weight: 78g (Left); 117g (Right)
- SIS: Shimano Indexed Shifting. It's the technology behind that "click" you hear and feel every time you shift through your gears. That "click" captures the light, precise, and consistent shifting bikes equipped with Shimano deliver. It's the sound of perfect gear changes, of levers directing derailleurs in harmony and the feeling that resonates into your hand, letting you know that your commands are being answered. Whether you ride for fun, fitness, commuting, or competing - and on pavement or trail - Shimano S.I.S is a foundation of your cycling experience.
- Rapidfire Plus: Mountain bikers have used Rapidfire Plus since 1985. Rapidfire Plus is still a winning choice from a wide range of riders from XC racers to free-riders. Rapidfire Plus is suited to quick shifting, giving riders the ability to downshift three gears in one stroke. Rapidfire Plus shifters from Deore to XTR all feature 2-way Release, which means release shifts by a pull of the index finger or push of the thumb.
- 2-Way Release: The Rapidfire Plus shifter release lever is commonly called a trigger because it is operated like a pistol, by pulling toward the grip. The release lever of Rapidfire Plus shifters from Shimano Alivio to XTR can be operated in this same manner but adds the ability to activate a release shift by pushing with the thumb.
- Instant Release: Instant Release shifting replaces the two-stage click and release shifting you are familiar with. Instant Release shifting releases cable as soon the lever is activated, resulting in the quickest possible gear changes. Whether it is an upshift with a top normal rear derailleur or a downshift with low normal rear derailleur a quicker shift is always a better shift.
- Multi Release: Previous shifting systems shifted faster in one direction than the other. Choosing top normal or low normal always meant sacrificing shifting speed in one direction. Now with Multi Release you can release shift two gears in one stroke. The result - the fastest possible shifting in both directions regardless of rear derailleur choice.
- Rapidfire Plus Mono: The Rapidfire Plus Mono lever provides intuitive and simple front control that empowers riders to shift both up and down with a single lightweight and compact lever. Simple and intuitive single lever operation, quicker access and lighter front shifting enhances concentration. Front double shifting with natural finger positioning supports intuitive shifting operation. Easy front shifting helps riders quickly and accurately respond to rapidly changing conditions.